Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Website Archive???

so i got all productive tonight, went to the gym AND started thinking about how i'm going to put together this archive and what the final result should/could look like.
i'm not sure what my biggest obstacle is going to be for this project...

- my general disorganization?
- my general ignorance of archives?

my past archives have consisted of filing cabinet's, filing folders, sandwich bags, cardboard boxes, tupperware, etc...
all of those archives are still probably in existence somewhere. i've moved a lot. there are a lot of my belongings in my mother's basement for "safekeeping", some are in the big storage closet in my apartment that i try to keep in some semblance of organization, and the rest is probably decomposing in a dump somewhere. i find it rather amusing that all of my past archives are stored within "archives"... my closet, my mother's basement, and a garbage dump can all be considered archives in some way.
it all starts to get a little ridiculous in my mind.

i think i've decided on a webpage for Assignment #1. it seems like a logical way to organize all the research tools for my project and a plausible way to present them to the class. i'm not set on the form yet seeing as i'll be learning a lot about archives over the coming weeks and don't want to limit myself in the early phases, but it's how i'm going to get started for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment