Monday, November 2, 2009

final cut archive

I have finally finished capturing all of my footage from my archive of tapes to my archive of footage on my hard drive.
I have the footage divided into folders on my hard drive:

B-Roll
Interviews
Capital
Mine Visit

I'm working on translation and writing out transcripts. Transcripts are annoying and time consuming but I imagine they will be an incredibly important part of my archive. To write these out I now have the interviews saved as audio files... more stuff to archive. I fear this will be an ever expanding archive until the moment I have completed my thesis. This easily might become a habit for every project I do. It's nice to know everything is in one place (as long as I stay on top of it).

This project is making me think of archives in a whole new way. The archive is no longer an image in my mind of giant spaces in faraway buildings with rows and rows of metal framed bookshelves or boxes of overflowing pictures. I now see archives everywhere, even in my own home: they just aren't as well organized as the ones I used to picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment